Technical Solution Architect
Salesforce.com transformed the enterprise software market with cloud computing. We’ve launched business apps and platforms that are as easy to use as Amazon.com and as social as Facebook. And now we’ve got our sights set on the next generation of cloud computing. Recognized as by FORTUNE magazine as the world’s 4th fastest growing company, our technology teams are the brains behind visionary technologies like the Force.com platform, enterprise social collaboration tools like Salesforce Chatter and the AppExchange marketplace that are help growing the cloud computing industry. With more than 8,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.0B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
The ideal Technical Solution Architect (TSA) candidate is a demonstrated thought leader in—at a minimum—all technical aspects of customer, colleague, and partner engagement that lead to the successful delivery of enterprise desktop, cloud, and/or mobile solutions, including enterprise integrations leveraging middleware tools and platforms. Proven results in contributing to customer and/or partner success in the following areas are required: front and backend solution architecture, development and release management strategies, change management, and hands-on leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed business needs and abet strategic progress and growth for your past customers. Particular expertise is needed in taking ownership of high risk or critical situations, managing client expectations, negotiating solutions to complex scenarios with multiple parties and agendas, influencing customer perception and acceptance of change and innovation, proactively managing risk areas and escalations, and engaging customer, partner, and executive resources in the most effective manner. Proactive thinking and problem solving, foresight of risk areas, and context-appropriate communication are a critical capability for success in this highly visible and leveraged role. A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies is a must. A conspicuous habit of demonstrable innovation or continuous improvement in your chosen areas of expertise is highly desired.
In this role, the TSA must become an expert in key Force.com sales, service, and platform capabilities, as well as salesforce.com integration and extension concepts and apply previous experience, creativity, and foresight in guiding customers and partners in the best use of the technologies available to achieve their goals. TSAs must be able to weigh the applicability (functionality, adaptability, roadmap, security, scalability, performance) of the suite of Force.com and related technologies to meet the business needs, then quickly develop and effectively present and drive their point of view to acceptance with the customer. Experience with and enthusiasm for defining and driving the social enterprise vision and strategy with acquired and emerging technologies will be a key area of focus for this role. Those in this role provide leadership by quickly grasping deeply technical subject matter, focusing on the key aspects, defining the vision and plan for turning that into strategic and tangible business value for our customers, and then ensuring those are accepted and carried through to a mutually successful outcome.
- Leading the evaluation of business and technical requirements; reviewing and correcting project direction, approach and key artifacts; directing early solution consideration around gaps/risks, including the effective engagement of executives, Sales, Engineering, and Product Management; evaluation of options and subsequent presentation and education of the customer/partner; significant involvement and guidance in abetting making the right choice; identification and pro-active management of risk areas; commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- Directing and mentoring diverse teams of resources in technical delivery aspects, especially in scenarios where the STSA does not have direct authority over all resources and must carefully consider communication strategies, executive influence, differing or conflicting goals, and other similar non-technical challenges.
- Leading and mentoring the project manager and Technical Solution Architect (TSA) in managing technical scope and client expectations, leveraging relationships with external resources and appropriately engaging them when needed.
- Identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice and teammates; serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical salesforce.com and partner colleagues.
- Building relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single or your current project.
- A minimum of 6 years of enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, ERP), filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more junior technical resources; experience with Waterfall and/or Agile implementation methodologies.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases.
- A thorough understanding of Web Services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with Enterprise Integration tools such as ESBs and/or ETL tools, and common design patterns with specific boundary systems (e.g. CMS, ERP, HRIS, DWH/DM)
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactivity and ability to self-start/learn/manage.
- Pre-sales participation in support of strategic sales cycles from a technical perspective, including interacting with enterprise architects and understanding common lexicon, methodologies, etc.
- Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome.
- Detail and quality oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Demonstrated desire and action in learning new technologies and staying current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading edge or primary technology areas.
- Travel regularly (average of 50 - 70%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Experience defining and delivering custom Force.com enterprise applications in a technical and technical oversight/leadership role, including experience evaluating and optimizing the user experience with technology as a key aspect of the project’s success.
- Conceptual knowledge of and how to integrate to social and other emerging technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, Radian6, Dimdim, Ruby, Heroku, Node.js, and especially mobile/tablet platform incorporation strategies and technologies.
- Knowledge of key collaboration concepts including unified messaging, unified communication architecture, communication enabled business processes, enterprise mobility, blogging, micro-blogging, chat, presence and integrated solutions.
salesforce.com - 18 months ago