As a Technical Specialist, Financial Analyst you will analyze the financial information related to claim processing to ensure accuracy of the Company’s financial statements
Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Ensure monthly account reconciliations are completed timely
- Clearly summarize all outstanding transactions on reconciliation template and ensure items are researched and resolved in a timely manner
- Support claim teams as needed to ensure accurate accounting
- Coordinate with quality and training as appropriate
- Process journal entries to record financial transactions to appropriate balance sheet or balance sheet accounts
- Support compliance and regulatory controls for claim process.
- Utilize new technology and financial applications to improve controls and gain efficiency
- Establish department procedures for financial related transactions
· Prepare accurate and timely reporting for Financial Reporting, Monthly Controls Management business unit metrics and monthly Balance Sheet Controls Reporting.
· Support monthly metric reporting process by reviewing source data, calculations and reporting tools.
· Identify process enhancements and reporting solutions for financial applications and system workflows.
· Work with project team as a subject matter expert on the analysis of financial accounting and internal control aspects of the project.
· Exhibits a high degree of motivation
· Knowledge of Variable product and FINRA / SEC regulations (where applicable).
· Knowledge of various functional areas of Life Customer Service & Claims, Finance, Reinsurance, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Producer Solutions, and New Business.
· Knowledge of regulatory controls: SOX, AML, Privacy and state claim statutes.
· Achieved or actively working towards LOMA Associate, Customer Service (ACS) or Profe Willingness to pursue LOMA ALMI or FLMI
· Computer skills:
· Advanced skills in MS Word and Outlook.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Financial Services is preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience in Financial Services that aligns with the responsibilities for this position
- Educational experience and/or proficiency in Financial analysis and reporting systems
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
Lincoln Financial Group - 21 months ago
Lincoln Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization headquartered in the Philadelphia region. With $150 billion as of...