The Technical Specialist will be responsible for technical requirements of the core laboratory and all new instrumentation and implementation for the area. Responsibilities include performing procedures utilizing standard lab practices and instruments to make determinations of body fluids and substances to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease, and to assist in the research, development or modification of laboratory procedures in coordination with manager. The Technical Specialist maintains knowledge of theory and methodology for laboratory testing, troubleshoots instrumentation, and assists management by maintaining quality of instrumentation and test results. The Technical Specialist will assume responsibility of the Core Lab in the manager's absence.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 4 years clinical experience as a Medical Technologist
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Registry as a Medical Technologist with a national board of registry - ASCP or equivalent - required
- Must have good working knowledge of CLIA and must have operational knowledge of regulatory requirements for CAP, OSHA and Joint Commission