Part Time : No
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions. With a strong focus on four core business areas - life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services, and group protection - our business is built around supporting, preserving, and enhancing our customer's lifestyles and providing better retirement outcomes. Led by over 8,000 employees, Lincoln Financial provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures
As a Technical Specialist, Financial Analyst you will analyze the financial information related to claim processing to ensure accuracy of the Company’s financial statements
Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Ensure monthly account reconciliations are completed timely
- Clearly summarize all outstanding transactions on reconciliation template and ensure items are researched and resolved in a timely manner
- Support claim teams as needed to ensure accurate accounting
- Coordinate with quality and training as appropriate
- Process journal entries to record financial transactions to appropriate balance sheet or balance sheet accounts
- Support compliance and regulatory controls for claim process.
- Utilize new technology and financial applications to improve controls and gain efficiency
- Establish department procedures for financial related transactions
· Prepare accurate and timely reporting for Financial Reporting, Monthly Controls Management business unit metrics and monthly Balance Sheet Controls Reporting.
· Support monthly metric reporting process by reviewing source data, calculations and reporting tools.
· Identify process enhancements and reporting solutions for financial applications and system workflows.
· Work with project team as a subject matter expert on the analysis of financial accounting and internal control aspects of the project.
· Exhibits a high degree of motivation
· Knowledge of Variable product and FINRA / SEC regulations (where applicable).
· Knowledge of various functional areas of Life Customer Service & Claims, Finance, Reinsurance, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Producer Solutions, and New Business.
· Knowledge of regulatory controls: SOX, AML, Privacy and state claim statutes.
· Achieved or actively working towards LOMA Associate, Customer Service (ACS) or Profe Willingness to pursue LOMA ALMI or FLMI
· Computer skills:
· Advanced skills in MS Word and Outlook.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Financial Services is preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience in Financial Services that aligns with the responsibilities for this position
- Educational experience and/or proficiency in Financial analysis and reporting systems
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
Requisition ID : 13-0957
Lincoln Financial Group
- 21 months ago - save job
Despite its name, this radio broadcaster offers much more than business news. Lincoln Financial Media owns and operates more than 10 radio...