Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field.
6 years of progressively responsible information systems experience with technical management exposure.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Excellent team player.
Extensive local travel and occasional out-of-town travel required.
24 hour/7 day on-call support required.
To provide the highest level of technical expertise in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation, and support of application systems, both hardware ad software must be selected, configured, and implemented such that they effectively respond to the business requirements of the intended hospital or business unit.
1. Provide analytical and technical skills and knowledge necessary to support the development, enhancement and provision of automated systems products and services that meet user functional requirements: make recommendations, where appropriate, to improve product utilization and support related to new and existing systems.
2. Participate in project planning, coordinating and monitoring activities and provide technical direction to project team to assure effective project completion in compliance with design and quality standards.
3. Provide timely and effective maintenance and production support by acting as the primary or secondary on-call support, as assigned. Perform and analyze application, network, and interface flows in a distributed environment. Provide automated systems support that will ensure optimum control and security of data in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
4. Maintain the highest technical knowledge of standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements, to ensure accurate software configurations and continually develop and enhance professional skills and knowledge applicable to maximizing the quality of services/support provided to the user environment.
5. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with users to ensure proper identification and satisfaction of user requirements through automated system applications. Provide technical direction to identify and recommend more efficient automation alternatives.
6. Participation in the technical skill development of analysts as assigned, provide input to staff performance reviews and personal development objectives.
Advocate Health Care - 12 months ago