Location: Arlington, VA
Salary: Based on experience, commissions and bonuses
Position Type/Hours: FT/Permanent
This is an amazing opportunity to join Netcom Learning, a fast growing technical learning provider. We are looking to fill a position for technical support at our Virginia location.
This position would put you at the forefront of latest technologies as we deploy and train on the latest technologies and software. We run a heterogeneous shop utilizing the best practices of Microsoft, Cisco and Open Source technologies. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and organizational skills. You must be hands-on with technology. You will work with our passionate and talented team solving challenging technical issues.
This full-time position will work closely with our Training Delivery, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Ensure smooth operation of technical classes running at client locations across the US by ensuring proper setup of technical images, as well as classes running at our Virginia location.
- Ensure upkeep and security of office network.
- Provide hands-on assistance and technical direction to our clients and our team to ensure exceptional performance with classes and office network
- Assist training managers in operational and logistical support
- Manage all aspects of network operations for internal network as well as classrooms network.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Communicates and enforces technical standards
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule
- Provide technical support for company staff
- Knowledge of Windows Server/Desktop software and System Administration
- Server setup, monitoring, optimization and maintenance
- Ability to diagnose, repair and upgrade desktop and notebook hardware
- Network administration and management of wired-and-wireless networks
- Ghost image software experience
- Virtualization software experience
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent research and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Flexible with working hours (weekend, long hours etc.)
- Excellent communications, presentations and customer service skills
- Business acumen and strong work ethics, straightforward and honest team player
- Positive energy and enthusiasm
- Facilitates effective team interaction and inspires coworkers to pursue excellence
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Self-starter with solid organizational and execution skills
- Meticulous, commitment to excellence with his/her quality of work
- Process and documentation oriented
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs of computer equipment
- Compensation will be based on candidate qualifications and experiences
- As an employee, you have the ability to take NetCom Learning classes at no cost including project management, leadership and more
- Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job position of Technical Support in the email subject.
NetCom Learning - 14 months ago