Technical Support Administrator
Technical Support Administrator
Facility: Ashburn, VA; Oak Brook, IL; Englewood, CO; Irvine, CA
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class technician for our fast growing hosting business. This individual has the opportunity to drive the stability and sustainability of our current and next-generation hosting products. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide high quality second-tier support for Latisys’ customers across multiple data centers. He/she will have a record of success for driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively – with a passion for satisfying customers.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now
You may also apply by visiting our website @ http://www.latisys.com
- Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams.
- Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technical solutions designed to meet customer’s business and technical needs and, consequently for understanding the customer’s business.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and resolve problems related to server operating systems (Red Hat Linux, MS Server 200x), core application stacks (IIS, Apache, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.), network infrastructure (switches, firewalls), and various managed services (managed storage, managed data protection).
- As a trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
- Serves as an escalation point for Tier 1/Service Desk Agents.
- Resolves operational issues with customers and partners within Service Level Objectives.
- Maintains technical/physical integrity of customer solution.
- Coordinates routine maintenance checks on customer solutions.
- Ensures solutions are properly monitored and completes routine audits.
- Creates/reviews/publishes documentation communicating technical information about customer solutions (Solution Run Book).
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- Responsible for training other employees within the company on technical operations tasks and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires shift work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry and data center, web hosting services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Quality Assurance skills.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Linux and Microsoft.
- Strong general knowledge of Enterprise level hosting products.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of Solaris, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (v4, v6), WAN/LAN topologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of OS virtualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and the ability to effectively respond and resolve conflict.
- Thorough knowledge of process and procedures associated with all aspects of the operations support role.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly
- Ability to interpret and create complex diagrams and specification requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment
- Must be able to work closely/effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service, leadership and team interaction skills are required.
- Ability to bridge technology and business goals to provide productive solutions.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- 5+ years’ experience with IT operations, infrastructure services support (Systems or Network administration, Monitoring, and End-User Support)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related work experience.
Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present.
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...