As the Technical Support Analyst for our Actuarial team, you will support the department by maintaining databases, programs and reports for Actuarial use. You will utilize your classroom knowledge in a real world, dynamically growing corporate environment presented with vital challenges creating a variety of learning experiences.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Support within the greater Actuarial department which includes several VPs, managers and a total staff of approximately 35 employees reporting up to the Chief Actuary. There is significant interaction with other departments (e.g. marketing, finance, IT) both at our campus in Nashville and offices in Houston, TX.
1. Become familiar with actuarial data in order to maintain databases and verify integrity of data. Check that data is loaded, correct and ready to be used.
2. Perform ad hoc file queries independently.
3. Create effective and readable documentation for applications created and modified.
4. Assist actuarial staff with using various programming platforms used to retrieve and analyze data.
5. Assist with a variety of departmental projects of shifting priorities.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Actuarial Science or a related field.
2. Experience using SQL is preferred but willing to train someone with solid classroom experience in programming languages (must provide transcript upon request).
3. Strong beginner level database knowledge (e.g. DB2, Oracle, Sybase IQ). This position presents an opportunity to utilize, grow and refine your database knowledge.
3. Interest in learning new applications with ability and motivation to learn independently through self study (i.e., SharePoint).
American International Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...