T echnical Support Engineer Level 3 - Various shifts available
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY (Purpose of Position)
Level 3 Technical Support Engineers play a key role in helping our customers succeed by troubleshooting and identifying root issues for all issues beyond the level of expertise of our Level 2 Techs. Once the root issues are identified they either resolve the issue or give the customer the information and direction they need to get it resolved. Additionally, Level 3 Technical Support Engineers are responsible for empowering our Level 2 Techs with the assistance and information needed to fulfill their jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Alert system administrators of serious issues and trends identified in Support
2. Support our Level 1 and Level 2 technicians
3. Take escalated customer calls, chats and tickets
4. Assist with all support calls, chats and tickets as needed
5. Assist system administrators with maintaining our systems and servers
6. Advise coaches of training needed for L2’s
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duty functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position has backup supervisory responsibilities which include:
1. In the absence of management, assure policies are adhered to on the Support floor
2. Take escalated supervisor calls and chats
3. Monitor support volume and trends, acting accordingly
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Drive to help our customers succeed with their web presence goals
2. Intermediate BASH/Terminal skills
3. Methodical troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
4. Highly effective at quickly researching issues on the web
5. Quickly learns new technical concepts
6. Type at least 45 wpm
7. Basic writing skills in order to relay clear answers via email or chat
8. In depth knowledge of email, FTP, DNS, MySQL and Apache
9. Working knowledge of HTML code and web design programs
10. Able to effectively teach technical concepts to peers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a high school diploma and/or two years of customer service and call center experience.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
Attendance and Punctuality is very important. Employees must be on time when they are scheduled to work. Excessive tardiness results in discipline up to and including termination. Attendance is also very important and when scheduling time off employees should verify that they have coverage.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of at the discretion of Management.