The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates locally and trains them centrally. Our Associates are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes an introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the EMC way of doing business. For technical associates, training includes hands-on work with EMC products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools. Associates will also receive the foundation necessary to achieve technical certifications (EMC and Non-EMC).
This role provides technical support to field support personnel and EMC customers and EMC distributors. Develops resolutions to problems of limited scope and follows standard practices and procedures. Records and updates customer calls on Customer Service Call Tracking Databases, in a timely and accurate manner. Use defined protocols and independent judgment to properly escalate more complex issues to more experienced staff in order to resolve customer issues in the most expedient manner possible. Works closely with the customer to resolve technical issues on various information systems and information storage platforms. These issues can include any or all of the following components: Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows, and/or MVS), Networking (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, iSCSI), Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, and Databases – relational and hierarchical. Redirects or provides necessary follow-up with customers and Customer Service Management to ensure issue is satisfactorily resolved.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Education:
- Provides basic technical support to internal, domestic and international EMC customers within the call center.
- Works as part of a team ensuring smooth transitions for customer and field reported software issues. •Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with field, and other departments as appropriate. Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database.
- Monitors and tracks all software service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Customer Service Call Tracking Databases.
- Represents EMC in a professional manner to the customer and EMC field personnel at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
- Incumbent should possess a basic, working knowledge of major operating system software such as UNIX, NT, HPUX, SUN Solaris or AIX. Some positions may also require a working knowledge of MVS.
- Computer systems – Prefer knowledge of CPU, memory, busses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems and file system structure
- Networking –Prefer knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, addressing, mapping, flow control, naming, routing/traffic
- Databases – Prefer knowledge of relational and hierarchal, design, file system organization and indexing
- Understanding of Storage industry (Storage management, Storage Architecture, Business Continuity)
- Incumbent should possess solid organizational, interpersonal, communication, telephone and presentations skills.
- Incumbent should demonstrate the ability to assess and respond appropriately to customer issues in a professional manner.
- Education Required: Associate’s Degree (Technical)
- Experience Required: 1-5 Years
- Physical Requirements: No
As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
See how far your talents and desire to work in information technology can take you. As a member of EMC’s Global Services Associate Program (GSAP), you will initially receive multi-week training. There you will gain the foundation necessary to achieve certification in the award-winning EMCProven™ Professional Program. Next, you will be assigned an EMC mentor for on-the-job coaching and skills development as you go into the field to work with clients.
If you or someone you know may be interested, please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.
Rachael Burns | Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org