EVault, A Seagate Company, is a fast-growing industry leader in network-based data backup and recovery solutions. We’ve been providing data protection and professional-grade storage solutions to small and mid-size businesses since 1997. Our technology platform is stable, secure, and optimized for WAN data transfer, and our recovery capabilities are ultra-reliable. We back it all with a rock-solid data center infrastructure and the industry's highest quality customer service, while encouraging innovation and creativity by providing a casual and friendly work environment.
EVault is led by a team of storage industry veterans with a compelling vision and a proven track record. We also benefit from the backing and expertise of our parent company, Seagate—the largest storage company in the world.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide a rewarding customer experience by promptly resolving technical issues for customers and partners of our data storage and backup products and services. The Technical Support Engineer will work independently and professionally in a fast-paced team environment. This position will also play a key role in the development and improvement of our services and products focusing on small to medium sized businesses.
What We’re Looking For:
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries via email, telephone or Customer Service Portal
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving software, application, hardware, data transport, and network issues related to service and product offerings
- Managing multiple customer cases simultaneously, ensuring all case-related information and activities are accurately documented, and providing timely progress updates to customers and account managers to maintain service level agreements
- Making business-critical decisions that help customers or partners understand proper data protection techniques to ensure full recovery when needed
- Working with Level 2 engineers, senior management, development and product management teams on technical escalations and product design
- Assisting customers and alliance partners troubleshoot and successfully complete disaster recovery tests within a scheduled window of time
- Creating documentation usable by technical and non-technical customers
- Configuring various server and workstation Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, IBMi, UNIX, OS X) and software applications (Exchange, MS SQL, Sharepoint, Oracle) in test environments to reproduce customer situations and issues
For immediate consideration please provide total compensation history and expectations along with your resume.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline is strongly preferred
- At least 2 years experience in a technical support or systems administration role
- At least 2 years experience administering or supporting Microsoft Windows Servers
- Working knowledge of back-end application operations and administration (storage groups, replication, backup and recovery) of Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above
- Working knowledge of back-end application operations and administration (storage groups, replication, backup and recovery) Microsoft SQL 2005 and above
- Working knowledge of back-end operations and administration of VMWare ESX and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of industry-leading backup and disaster recovery software
- Excellent customer interaction skills with the ability to handle and diffuse challenging customers and situations
- Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision—i.e. strong analytical, prioritization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Ability to respond to customers in writing and over the phone with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Familiarity with OS X, IBMi/iSeries, HP-UX, AIX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat, SUSE and CentOS operating systems preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Data Protection Manager preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Cloud platform preferred
- Technical certifications preferred
- English and Spanish fluency preferred
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Willingness to work a Second or Third shift a plus
- The ability to participate in an on-call rotation required
EVault, A Seagate Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.^
EVault, A Seagate Company - 30+ days ago