- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customerrelations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decisionmaking process.
- Review and may resolve complex business issues.
- Excellent communication skills. Add case resolution to Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Understand and utilize Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Represent and participate on an HP team in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Partners frequently with the Sales Pursuit team.
- Comfortable managing technical issue as well as customer business impact and ability to blend and appreciate these aspects in communication with customer
- Deliver at least 1 internal training session/quarter (includes prep + delivery) which is aligned with business needs.
Education and Experience Required:
Vocational: apprenticeship/certification completion. May be technical or non-technical. May include onthe- job training in addition to studies. In some locations, completion may be recognized by diploma. Advanced programs may be 2+ years. Associate degree: first attainable degree at the post-high school level. Typically 2 year completion beyond High School level (i.e., Associate of Arts, GCE 'A' level (Singapore), etc.) or equivalent experience. Business Analyst (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) or equivalent experience preferred. 3-5 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments. Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor new agents
- Ability to lead resolution activities with escalated customers
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans
- Focus on one or more product lines (for example, proactive, reactive, storage, enterprise systems, etc.)
Technical Knowledge Transfer
Establishes HP's technical creditability and solution capability within customer's Information Technology (IT) organization through education & assistance
Technical Problem Solving
Approaches technical problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive
understanding and effective resolution
Services Account Management
Ensures customer satisfaction and optimum engagement relationships to build and maintain services business within the account
Leverages product and solution knowledge to probe customer needs and identify opportunities for up-selling /cross-selling
Customer Experience Management
Interfaces effectively with customers and internal resources to promote trusted advisor status of HP within accounts and facilitate uniform account support
HPS Business Value Proposition
Applies an in-depth understanding of HP Services (HPS)/Business Unit (BU) initiatives, goals, and solutions
Client/Customer Relationship Building
Demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within HP to support building strategic trusted advisor status
Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions
HPS/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HPS/BU solutions, and HP's strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions - HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP's partner strategies
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...