Technical Services Engineer – Swing Shift
Would you like to work in a rapidly growing, Inc. 5000-recognized software company where you’d be a part of something big? Are you looking for a career, not just a job? Do you love working with people and leading edge technology? Then we may have your dream opportunity.
Hard Dollar, the global leader in project cost management, has an excellent opportunity for a rockstar Technical Services Engineer to join our award winning team.
In this position, you’ll thrive on explaining technical concepts to non-technical users. An issue someone else can’t solve? Bring it on. Known for composure and grace under fire, you rise to the occasion. You’ll work with our customers at a level 3 or higher to isolate and resolve their escalated technical issues; troubleshoot environments, configuration and product issues with a focus on quality assurance. Customers will love you. The team will learn from you and consider you a trusted mentor. With a thirst for knowledge, you will obtain, maintain a complete understanding of the Hard Dollar architecture. Yep, you will be a Hard Dollar guru.
What you’ll do:
- Install new and existing environments of the Hard Dollar suite of products
- Maintain the Hard Dollar knowledge base system
- Act as an escalation point for support analysts
- Filter through incoming ticket queue and prioritize workload effectively
- Review cases to understand root causes of issues
- Clearly document troubleshooting steps and resolutions
What you’ll need to have:
- 2-5 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering or IT
- Proficient with Windows server operating systems
- Experience with SQL server 2008/12
- Excellent knowledge of database environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills in related technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot network environment, local configuration and product related issues
- Must be able to clearly document troubleshooting steps and resolutions to strengthen knowledge base
- Experience with Exchange, Active Directory/LDAP, network administration and server/client management applications
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Networking or security certifications preferred
- Microsoft certifications preferred
Why work with us:
- You'll work with an empowering manager who is known for collaboration and training his team
- Competitive compensation
- Corporate profit sharing
- Late afternoon/evening schedule
- Opportunity for rapid advancement and increased responsibility
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Accountable, individual leadership, make-it-happen culture
- Company and industry training, tuition reimbursement
- Friday company lunches and other goodies provided
- Based in beautiful Scottsdale (local candidates only, no re-location)
- Casual, fun, fast paced, flexible, Class A work environment
- A rapidly growing, profitable expansion stage software company
- Incredibly driven, talented, team oriented, smart co-workers
About Hard Dollar:
Hard Dollar created the category and is the market leader of project cost management (PCM). PCM is a rapidly emerging, multi-billion dollar enterprise software segment. Owners and contractors use HD software to bid, estimate, and measure progress, forecast completion and gain project intelligence for many of the world’s biggest capital projects. Our customers operate within infrastructure, environmental, mining, oil & gas, and power & process industries investing over $2 trillion annually in new projects. We’re small enough to be casual and friendly, but large enough to lead our market - and our rapid growth is generating great opportunities. Our culture is fast paced, informal, wellness oriented, and focused on the success of both our customers and our team.
Does this sound like a fit? If so, we’d love to hear from you. If you’re looking for a position with solid opportunity, no ceiling above you and lots of support around you, this is it. If you’re just exploring your options, it’s OK – reach out to us, and we’ll handle your information with the utmost in discretion.
Hard Dollar - 22 months ago