Technical Support Engineer
Locus Energy is looking for a skilled technical support representative to join our Client Services Team. This position requires a working knowledge of both hardware and software, with an emphasis on electrical and communications concepts. A Technical Support Engineer’s primary responsibility is the front-line support of all Locus Energy products, with a secondary emphasis on training and other process improvements. While primarily based in an office setting, this position may require limited travel within the United States for field support and other in-person customer interaction. A Technical Support Engineer may also be asked to support various operational tasks, as well as a variety of one-off projects focusing around the implantation of new processes, new product integration support, and other tasks as needed.
The ideal Technical Support Engineer is friendly, organized, and understands how to efficiently resolve technical. A passion for the environment and/or renewable energy is a major plus. As Locus Energy is very much a start-up environment any candidate must be comfortable working in a small team environment and be willing to put in whatever effort is necessary to get the job done. This is a growing company in a growing industry and this job can also offer significant growth opportunities for a motivated and talented individual.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Passion for renewable energy projects and technology
- At least 2-5 years experience in either the technical support or photovoltaic fields
- Live in or near Hoboken, NJ
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite
- Past experience creating and/or maintaining technical support documentation
- Past electrical experience, either in engineering or as contractor/electrician
- Past professional experience with solar monitoring systems
- Past experience with solar monitoring software platforms
Locus Energy - 7 months ago