The Technical Support Team is responsible for managing prompt resolution to global customer and partner service requests in a highly secured environment. The primary function of this position is to ensure that each customer interaction is a friendly and professional experience that addresses the needs of the customer in all stages of the customer service life-cycle within Qualys.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) works closely with Customer Service, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Alliances and Operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with all transactions. Customer relationship building and teamwork are key success criteria for this role.
The TSE will provide support via phone, email, and WebEx for Vulnerability Management, PCI, Policy Compliance, Web Application Scanning, API, Malware and future new services as needed. We are looking for strong, passionate, and self-motivated technical individuals that have the desire and capability to think on their feet and work on complex problems. The Technical Support Engineer acts as the main point of contact regarding technical issues, and will work closely with Engineering and QA teams to facilitate feedback.
The ideal candidate will have a strong networking background and have at least 4 years previous experience in a technical support role and must be able to adapt quickly to any technical challenge. You must have strong Windows knowledge and/or solid Linux/Unix skills. Must be passionate about security, candidates with CISSP/CEH or equivalent are preferred. An understanding of network services and how they work from a protocol/configuration level with applications such as Apache/IIS is an advantage as well as Windows AD security administration.
This role would suit an individual who welcomes a challenging startup environment, enjoys providing world class support and is technically motivated.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Unix/Linux experience.
- In-depth TCP/IP.
- LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Common OS services.
- Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System Brands & technologies, and Vulnerability Network Scanners (Nessus, nmap, Cybercop, ISS Internet Scanner).
- Packet sniffers.
- Windows AD authentication and security.
- Knowledge of Samba/AD integration, CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
- Previous API support and Regex knowledge is a plus.
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
- Preferably the candidate would have some knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
- Strong customer orientation and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, and CEH highly desirable.
- Bilingual candidates highly desirable (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese)
- Bachelor of Science, preferably with a major in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Qualys, Inc. is the leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT security risk and compliance management solutions. Qualys solutions...