As a member of the SilverPeak global technical support team, the Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for helping customers diagnose and resolve complex technical issues. The Technical Support Engineer will work closely with the SilverPeak engineering team troubleshooting complex networking issues.
- Working with the customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution. Document issues and work with engineering if needed to provide fixes.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of SilverPeak systems;
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, sales and engineering;
- Serve as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
- Participate in new product development, customer training, and other support related activities
- Help define and develop support processes and tools as appropriate
Min requirements: US Master or Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and one year of experience supporting enterprise customers with complex data center environments, preferably with a network technology company; experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Wireshark; basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency; experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs; knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment; knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies and SAN/NAS; experience with virtualization and hypervisors including VMware vSphere (VCP Certified), MS HyperV, Citrix Xen, or KVM.
Silver Peak Systems - 8 months ago