As leader of the Couchbase Technical Support team, you will be responsible for worldwide technical customer support activities related to Couchbase.
You will manage day-to-day operations of Technical Customer Support and should lead the team to provide high quality customer support in a 24x7x365 environment within committed service levels.
Thanks to our fast growing customer base, growing the team will also be a crucial aspect of the role.
- Leading and growing worldwide technical customer support team
- Establish, track, monitor and report on actionable metrics and KPIs
- Identify problems early and work them to resolution with customer and internal teams
- Develop, manage, and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Manage escalation of critical customer issues, working closely with Engineering, Services, Account Relationship Management, Customer Success and Product Management teams
- Hire, train, maintain and mentor a staff of seasoned customer support personnel (full-time and contract, as necessary)
- Adopt and continuously improve support management tools and self-service resources to provide customers with highly effective and responsive support options
- Lead Customer Support teams in the establishment, documentation and adherence to repeatable processes, including quality control
- Manage analysis and troubleshooting efforts for customer escalations
- Work closely with development team to escalate recurring issues for root-cause resolution
- Escalation management for internal and external customers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- 4+ years of support services experience in global enterprise software
- 4+ years of experience in supporting highly scalable software solutions
- 2+ years of experience managing a support team in a startup environment
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading and growing a worldwide, distributed customer support teams
- Experience with networking products, servers and supporting data center requirements is required
- Experience in database software solutions is highly desired; NoSQL experience a big plus.
- Should have a high level of technical savvy, and ability to communicate effectively with engineers and sophisticated technology customers
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to figure out how things should work, and to identify patterns and trends
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and project management skills
Couchbase - 20 months ago