We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Technical Support Manager in our Oceanport, NJ office. This individual is responsible for the overall post implementation customer experience for all CommVault customers and maximizing their product investment. This position is also responsible for the development and advancement of engineers within your focus groups + peers in our sister centers, executing process and service offerings that are continually improved upon to better aid both responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities include:
Position Requirements include:
- Directly supervises a team of approximately 25-35 technical customer support representatives who are responsible for providing customer satisfaction and expert problem resolution for CommVault software, including but not necessarily limited to Simpana, ROMS, and future products or service offerings
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Client team, support at large, field service management, field service personnel, and sales personnel to raise satisfaction results and lead a customer-focused culture
- Develop, communicate and execute the Technical Support strategy as outlined in our SOP/CS guide
- Establish and monitor appropriate individual and team customer satisfaction / performance metrics for use in managing the customer support business as our goals are heavily driven by metrics
- Responsible for Client team providing superior customer service and technical support to our customers
- Establish clear communication and escalation procedures when engaging other focus groups, Support Expertise teams, engineering, or other product vendors
- Responsible for communicating with Product Development/TQM to include tools and processes for Technical Support in new product development efforts
- Always look for ways to improve other functional areas that touch Support, such as Professional Services, Sales and System Engineering, Development, Technical Quality and Business Critical leaders as necessary to improve service quality and improve customer satisfaction
- Manage internal and contractor staff to provide seamless service experiences to CommVault customers.(I.E NETAPP issue, leverage TSANET/Internal contacts etc.)
- Establish short-term and long-term plans, policies and standards for direct staff and for indirect staff that execute Customer Support Services tasks. Set goals for your employees for the day, week and then month – drive results by being transparent letting your subordinates be clear on what they need to accomplish
- Ensure that the Customer Support staff is properly prepared and ready to support new products and/or releases. TQM is our vital source for this information but responsibility for attendance falls on the group manager
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of groups to meet goals and objectives of the team as well as to communicate with customers, both internal and external, regarding service requirements, issues, needs and customer satisfaction and performance metrics
- Manages customer escalations and ensures proper handling of customer situations
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency, effectiveness and service quality of the Customer Support Services team to drive improved customer satisfaction
- Recruit, direct, guide, develop and support Customer Support Services technical staff
- Responsible for performing this job in accordance with Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions as well as executing along the lines of CommVault management training
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary
Beneficial to the Position (Not Required) Include:
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in IT, helpdesk, support or other technology products/services business is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a supervisor role in a technical support environment highly desired.
- Knowledge of customer service operations and technical call center best practices and processes.
- Demonstrated skills in team management such as communication, negotiation, motivation and persuasion.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with customer personnel, inclusive of management level; sales team; internal senior management, and various technical experts.
- Experience in Data Management, Disaster Recovery or other similar environment
- Working knowledge of network hardware and software technology and ability to understand details of technical issues
- Knowledge of industry-relevant technical “jargon” is an important communication component and workflow of a case from creation to completion.
- Ability to multitask in an ever changing environment with demonstrable record of handling multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Understanding of terminology, administration and configuration of VMWARE and Hyper-V virtualization software.
- Understanding of terminology, administration and configuration of snap technology for NETAPP and Compellent storage devices.
- Superior customer service abilities and experience – our goal is to absolutely 100% ensure that every customer receives superb service.
- Ability to travel by air is required (estimated 15%).
- Bachelor's degree in a business, management, or technical discipline required (or equivalent combination of education and experience) preferred
- Knowledge of CommVault support procedures, execution of best practices and processes, preferred.
- Previous engineer experience and technical knowledge of virtualization software strongly preferred.
- Previous engineer experience and technical knowledge of SAN/NAS snapshot software strongly desired