Canon U.S.A., Inc., an industry leader in professional and consumer imaging equipment and information systems, provides businesses and consumers with the Know How TM to successfully use the most advanced digital technology. A subsidiary of Japan-based Canon, Inc., Canon U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Lake Success, New York. Canon provides a unique work environment that is technology driven and people-oriented. All full-time positions within the company offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, 401(k) savings plan and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and other offerings.
Canon U.S.A.’s BCTV division is conducting a search for a Technical Support Representative to work in our offices in Ridgefield Park, NJ. The person in this position, under general supervision, performs customer support activities for equipment and systems products such as wiring, cabling, and relatively complex equipment. Using detailed company guidelines this person performs on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair, and calibration after installation. The person in this role will assist higher level technicians with on-site installations, check-out, and emergency repairs while referring more complex problems to higher level technicians.
The responsibilities of the person in this role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Repairs lenses and related material for Canon dealers and customers in a timely and professional manner to provide an effective service department.
- Provides technical support and training to dealers and support staff via telephone, supplies information concerning parts and policies, responds to inquiries and ensures a knowledgeable sales staff.
- Assists customers, supplies information concerning parts, technical advice and schematic technical drawings, and responds to inquiries to provide customer support.
- Receives and inspects incoming items for repair and furnishes verbal and/or written cost estimates to provide information concerning costs for repairs.
- Maintains service area, stocks inventory and cleaning chemicals, files service repair records and keeps area generally clean to ensure a productive work area.
An Associates degree or equivalent experience is preferred for this role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of previous experience working in an electronics repair environment. Lens repair experience is preferred. An ability to provide exceptional customer service is essential for this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Strong computer skills are preferred – particularly with Word and Excel.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Canon USA - 2 years ago
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital...