Customer and Technical Support
The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. StarCite is part of the Active Network. StarCite provides web based solutions that help buyers and suppliers strategically manage corporate meetings and events, providing the world's leading online meeting management platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise to answer customer and supplier questions, troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues while maximizing customer and supplier satisfaction.
- Respond to, resolve and document all incoming cases reported by customers via telephone, web, and other support channels as required.
- Work to drive Supplier use of system by tracking unresponded RFPs and training Suppliers on the use of Starcite system
- Provide assistance with explanation of product features, installation and configuration and deployment of product upgrades and software patches.
- Conduct independent research in order to find solutions to customer reported problems. As appropriate, escalate cases to Engineering and track cases through closure.
- Prepare FAQ’s, upgrade notes, how to documents and other support documents.
- Effectively utilize customer support soft skills to maintain a positive working relationship between StarCite Technology and its customers and partners.
- Demonstrate positive customer support skills validated by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Job Location: Philadelphia preferred but will consider alternate remote locations.
- minimum 3 years technical support experience in an enterprise software company; web applications or business intelligence software strongly preferred
- Meeting planning , Hotel operations or other related business experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Formal training in web technology and academic understanding of applications and code.
- Understanding of web systems (physical, logical, hardware, software). Understanding of how the different components in a web system fit together and affect each other.
- Proven customer relationship skills.
ActiveNetwork - 19 months ago