Technical Support Representative
REPORTS TO: Director, Applications
The Technical Support Representative is at the forefront of ClearOne Customer Service. This position answers technical questions, troubleshoots complex audio, video and telephony equipment and assists dealers, installers and end users in the installation and use of ClearOne products and equipment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Interface with internal and external customers to resolve technical issues on ClearOne products via the phone email or chat.
- Provide support for all ClearOne Products
- Work in conjunction with Manager to reach/exceed the client/customer service satisfaction goals of ClearOne
- Gather problem descriptions, log files, configuration data and analyze them in order to determine root cause of problems and finding solutions
- Maintain accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues in the service ticket support database.
- Document known issues and solutions or in a technical bulletin or solutions database
- Ability to multi-task between several customer situations at the same time
- Position could entail working non-standard hours and holidays
- Occasional travel to customer sites required
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to train others.
- Demonstration of a customer service orientation through a proven ability to work well with other people.
- Self starter and problem solving skills.
- Must take ownership and drive customer issue with strong leadership to solve.
- Interfaces with external and internal customers to resolve technical issues on ClearOne Videoconferencing products via the phone, e-mail, online web page, video conference.
- Communicates with customer and understand their technical questions, needs and provide answers appropriately.
- Gathers problem descriptions, log files, configuration data, and analyze them in order to determine root cause of problems and finding solutions.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues in the technical support database.
- Learns and maintains with up to date technical details about the existing and new videoconferencing products from ClearOne.
- Documents known issues and solutions, technical bulletins.
- Courteously and promptly resolve customer questions and problems, and maintain professional relationships with end users.
- Provides input to Product Management and assist with feedback.
- Escalates technical issues accordingly as needed.
- Works to reach and exceed the customer service satisfaction goals of ClearOne Technical Support.
- Multi-task between several customer supports and other tasks at the same time.
- Flexible to work on non-standard hours and holidays.
ClearOne is the leading global provider of audio conferencing, Unified Communication & Streaming multi-media solutions. The reliability, flexibility & performance of our comprehensive solutions save organizations time & money by creating natural environments for effective & efficient personal & group communication. Our products enhance collaboration, presentation, distance communications & multimedia applications.
- Must have an Associate Degree or equivalent. Electronics, Computer science major is preferable.
- 3-5 years experiences of technical support with video conferencing background
- Cisco Certified (CCNA or other) is desirable
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE or equivalent) is desirable
- Working experiences of TCP/IP networking, IP telephony, Audio & Video conferencing products, Integration experiences preferable
- SIP & VoIP experience is a plus.
- Working experiences of network analysis with network capture tools such wireshark, sniffer, etc.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls, ISDN, Ethernet
- Must be proficient with computers and mobile devices, Microsoft Windows XP/7 and Office, Outlook tools, Windows server 2000/3, MS Access and SQL.
In business for over 20 years, our products are used by thousands of organizations worldwide from small enterprises to the Fortune 1000, as well as domestic, international governments & educational institutions. Our customers include a diverse group of market verticals such as education, enterprise, government/legal, healthcare, finance & houses of worship.
We dominate the professional conferencing space with over 54% global market share & is a pioneer in audio conferencing technologies. We have developed a broad portfolio of award-winning products that benefit from our innovative leadership in areas such as distributed echo cancellation, automatic microphone mixing, signal routing, equalization, automatic level control, compression, & other advanced audio processing functions.
We are committed to providing the highest quality hands-free audio for any environment, analog or VoIP, from personal conferencing on PCs & cell phones, to office desktop conferencing, to large professional conferencing venues such as boardrooms, training centers, courtrooms & auditoriums.
ClearOne Communications, Inc. (ClearOne) is an audio conferencing company. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and services a range...