This exempt-level position will work with Support, Sales and Research & Development to trouble-shoot, install and provide general support of various software products. Will also perform some internal helpdesk functions such as providing technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems. This exempt-level position will work with Support, Sales and Research & Development to trouble-shoot, install and provide general support of various software products. Will also perform some internal helpdesk functions such as providing technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems.
- Supports Priority Dispatch System software for emergency communication centers
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source, determines possible solutions and implements them
- Installs selected software and hardware products
- Is on-call to provide support for out of hour and holiday periods as assigned by management
- Assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Follows up with clients in a timely manner
- Assists internal personnel in every department as a computer resource
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- 30% - Technical Phone Support
- Answers phone calls from clients seeking assistance with the Company’s software
- Assists clients with troubleshooting, installing, and configuring the Company’s software
- Assists with ProQA/CAD interface
- 30% - Technical Support Follow-up
- Reports client feedback to Quality Assurance
- Responds timely to client emails
- Follows up with clients to ensure issues are resolved
- 25% - In-House MIS Duties
- Supports all major internal applications
- Reports and tracks all issues reported by internal personnel
- Solves issues with internal computers and applications
- Assists network maintenance
- Configures new computers for internal use
- 15% - Miscellaneous
- Travels to client sites for installations, configurations, and training
FLSA Exemption: Computer
- The ideal candidate must have organizational skills and ability to establish priorities
- This position continually requires a high level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Ability to rotate work hour shifts between the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 15% domestic travel may be required
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- A minimum of 2 years call center experience or other customer service experience
Primary duty of this position is the performance of work requiring the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures including documentation, testing, and modification of computer systems and programs.
Email resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch approved Priority Dispatch System® in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® Software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Click here to view the Federal EEO poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Priority Dispatch Corp. is a unique research company. While several have attempted to provide products and training for emergency calltaking...