The Technical Support Service Manager’s role is to oversee the technical support services staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of help desk functions. The Technical Support Service Manager will also contribute to problem resolution by providing in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
• Oversee day-to-day activities of our technical support operations
• Establish and enforce Help Desk service levels agreements in consultation with customers to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
•Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem a reas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
• Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Help Desk staff.
• Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of technologies or services, oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
• Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Access software updates, latest drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
• Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests.
• Generate weekly and monthly statistical reports with analysis and recommendations.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user assistance programs to increase computer literacy, including dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists.
• Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Help Desk issues and technologies.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of training procedures and policies to train, coach, and mentor Help Desk Analysts and other support staff.
• Maintain accurate documentation for all support processes and procedures.
• Maintain knowledge base of known issues and resolutions.
• Schedule resources to provide appropriate coverage.
• Manage relationships and service levels with our key business partners.
• Oversee Asset Management program to safeguard the Firm’s technology assets.
• Assume primary role for distributing system outage communications to our customers.
• Develop an annual functional team plan with quarterly updates to the Director of Information Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
• Proven customer service skills; highly customer focused, team oriented and results driven.
• Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure and stressful situations.
• Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
• Skills in problem analysis, documentation and resolving IS problems.
• Highly advanced support skills within the Microsoft environment, specifically related to Windows 7, Office, Exchange and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational, analytical project management skills; able to work on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands.
• Experience with eDocs DM or other Document Management Systems, Adobe Suite products, IE, HP laser printers, and general PC hardware.
• Enjoys working with customers and teammates to solve problems; possess conflict resolution skills and professional demeanor.
• Readily accessible via mobile phone and email during off-hours.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
• Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
• Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Wiley Rein LLP - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard