The Metro Technical Support Specialist I will provide entry-level support for the Metro and associated Centers as a Tier I support professional. The Specialist I will perform end-user support duties, maintain and support campus devices, and assist students and faculty with utilizing technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all operational aspects of all desktop/laptops, peripheral devices, and communications equipment.
- Test computers and ensure systems are functional.
- Install software updates as directed.
- Troubleshoot support issues, log issue into Remedy Incident Management System, and escalate as necessary.
- Performs regular maintenance and upgrade of computer equipment.
- Physical set up of computers and software.
- Assist with the local Help Desk; provide support for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist with password resets requests.
- Perform support tasks for classroom and lab equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field.
- 1 year experience with help desktop or technical experience.
- A+ certification desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Basic PC troubleshooting skills.
- Hardware/Software installation in a network environment.
- Entry level experience with networking, data, and voice systems.
- Basic knowledge of printer troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with classroom equipment a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow standards and procedures.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work with customers in a professional manner.
- This position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
DeVry, Inc. - 22 months ago
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...