Ensures the continuity of computer system services for Company employees (customers) by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems.
1. Responds to incoming questions in a timely manner, tracks 100% of all customer contacts, researches questions and issues and resolves each interaction with customer satisfaction.
2. Documents each contact with details and enough information as not to cause extra efforts by other support personnel.
3. Provides feedback to management on ways to improve efficiencies at the Service Desk.
4. Performs workstation operating system installs from a production core image.
5. Uses IT tools such as Remote Desktop Connection to provide support.
6. Uses Active Directory to reset domain ID passwords and unlock user accounts.
7. Configures and troubleshoots VPN connections for internet connectivity.
8. Provides MS Office and other packaged software support.
9. Installs software and hardware products on Company workstations. Supports custom built Company software and coordinates support with application owners.
10. Becomes well versed with common problem inquiries and be able to provide immediate solutions.
11. Escalates problems to second or senior level support personnel, when appropriate, via proper escalation procedures.
12. Performs responsibilities according to the IT Global Support Model and the specified Service Level Agreements.
13. Alerts senior IT technical staff of recurring problems and patterns of problems.
14. Develops and expands writing and customer relationship skills.
15. Stays up to date with Company policies and procedures. Stays abreast of the latest changes in technologies.
16. Regularly attends technical and communication training sessions.
17. Work on special projects on an as needed basis.
Skills & Attributes
A.A./A.S. degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education and experience. A+ certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and Help Desk Institute (HDI) Analyst or equivalent certification preferred. Intermediate experience with the following software: Windows XP, MS Office (intermediate use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Adobe (knowledge of converting documents, editing documents, etc.), possess a basic understanding of Active Directory (Security Groups, Resources, etc.), Cisco's Virtual Private Network client (remote access support necessary) along with token administration, MS Outlook (support of the email client). Excellent customer relationship skills, proficient verbal communication and listening skills, and proficient writing skills. Attention to detail, good organizational and administrative skills, and a team player. Willing to take accountability for projects, problems, and issues, carrying through to resolution under supervision. Ability to interact with end users and IT staff from multiple departments to establish high standards of computing support. Ability to learn Company’s proprietary applications. Ability to work under pressure, think logically, multi-task and juggle many issues at one time.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
INC Research is an EEO, M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace. INC Research voluntarily participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
INC Research is a company headquartered in the United States and that the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States or to any other country in which INC Research or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While INC Research is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the INC Research website and/or providing INC Research with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
INC Research - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
INC Research is not fazed by the four phases a new drug has to go through to get from idea stage to commericial adoption. The contract...