POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Technical Support Specialist (“Specialist”) is responsible for the dissemination of accurate and prompt service direction to dealer and/or field service inquiries via telephone, and the web for assigned AGCO products. Responsibilities include trouble-shooting and diagnostics for all technical issues and then communication in the forms of tele-service, web communication, service publications, dealer service training (supplemental assistance only), and warranty claim processing. The Specialist is expected to be a recognized service expert on their assigned product(s).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Technical inquiries / communications: Responsible for processing inquiries related to product performance, reliability, product features, service administration, product training and warranty. Structure responses in SOURCE (a technical information database) consistent with defined standards governing incident content, quality and structure; with sensitivity to cost of machine repairs to AGCO warranty, dealer and customers. Responses are also available for future reference by other Specialists.
• Technical Authoring: Author solutions or service information (Knowledge Articles/Objects) into a technical information database (SOURCE) from technical questions and answers entered in the contact management system. The data base in SOURCE is used to answer future technical inquires via self-help by AGCO dealers, field personnel and other Specialists.
• Technical expert: Become a technical “expert” on assigned products through answering technical inquiries, creating knowledge, communication with Product Performance, production plant visits, engineering center visits, and occasional visits to dealers, customers, and trade shows. The sophisticated designs of AGCO equipment requires all Specialists to have a thorough, expert-level understanding of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, diesel engines, and other systems.
• Continuous personal growth: Expand skills and abilities through participation in training offered by the Technical Training department, internally facilitated training events (Foundation Training), on-line and other available company offered training. A Specialist’s skills will be reviewed and accessed semi-annually by the Supervisor, Technical Support. Complete miscellaneous assignments related to Technical Support as requested by Supervisor, Technical Support.
• Problem investigation: Use existing tools (SOURCE, Contact Management System, Knowledge, Technical Publications, etc.) to research technical solutions when said solutions are known. Otherwise, work with Supervisor, Technical Support and/or Product Performance Specialist on issues when a technical solution is not known.
• Warranty processing: Decision warranty claim submittals and analyze warranty data on assigned products.
• Supplier recovery: Work with Supplier Recovery organization to provide technical expertise on needed product improvements and/or recovery actions.
• Product reliability improvements: Assist Product Performance Manager identify product issues while maintaining or improving product performance, reliability, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Service training: Assist Technical Service Training organization to identify service training needs at AGCO dealerships. Serve as Subject Matter Expert to assist Training Department in development of training materials and programs necessary to enhance dealer service capabilities. Provide supplemental assistance at Service Training sessions.
• New product introductions: Evaluate new products & product improvements to ensure technical support activities will be maintained or improved regarding product performance, reliability, quality and customer satisfaction.
• New technologies. Stay current with new technologies in the industry associated with assigned products.
• Degree in an Engineering, Technology or Agricultural Sciences discipline; or other degree and relevant experience.
• Minimum of 0-3 years experience in Technical Support environment
• Experience with mobile equipment (such as agricultural, construction or forestry equipment; on/off-road trucks; or automobiles)
• Some knowledge of a web-based knowledge system and contact management system helpful
• Accomplished communication capabilities (spoken and written)
• Familiarity with dealerships (sales, parts, or service) preferred
• Familiarity with AGCO business environment or similar organization preferred
• Familiarity with internal and external customer population and their needs
• Knowledge of product design and functionality
Estimate 10% travel – primarily within North America
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
AGCO - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery. AGCO supports more productive farming...