Come join a team environment in a growing industry! We have an opening for one (1) Phone Support Technician in the Greater Los Angeles area in Chatsworth, California. We are looking for a team player who has the ability and drive to learn new products to assist our customers by phone and email. Weekly travel to our branch locations in Georgia and Connecticut is expected during the initial training period of 2-4 months; ongoing travel will be infrequent (less than 10%). This position will be under general supervision from direct management, and will provide multi-brand support for lighting controls systems to end users, contractors, engineers, field technicians, and others. Support includes, but is not limited to, programming new startups, reprogramming existing lighting controls systems to updated schedules, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning systems, remote hardware troubleshooting and replacement in order to restore functionality. It is a desk based job and will spend most of the day on the phone or emailing customers and working with fellow employees. Sometimes there will be light lifting involved in the job including moving small equipment boxes, parts, and components, etc., so smart casual dress is the norm.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Support includes but is not limited to remote phone technical support, programming new lighting controls start ups, reprograming existing systems, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning systems, remote hardware troubleshooting replacement.
· Some ongoing travel may be required (less than 10%).
· Capture of data in proper format as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, specific product or troubleshooting answers into a knowledge base, daily work tracking, statistics and metrics tracking, customer surveys, and lighting controls database maintenance.
· Basic administrative duties, including creating demands for in and out of warranty product replacement.
· Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for a team player who is a proven self-starter, has the ability and drive to learn new products, and can assist our customers by phone and email.
During the initial training period of 2-4 months weekly travel to our branch locations in Georgia and Connecticut is expected: ongoing travel will be infrequent (less than 10%).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Able to work independently.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Able to promptly and concisely answer support related email and phone calls.
- Experience with line and low voltage electricity and wiring.
- Experience with digital networked devices.
- Great communication and people skills.
- A background with digital lighting controls is a plus.
Acuity Brands Lighting - 2 years ago
And a booming voice cried out, "Let there be light," and Acuity Brands replied, "Okay, sure." Acuity Brands, through...