Technical Support Specialist
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Education and/or Experience:
- Develop good understanding of assigned products and their version histories
- Provide technical support to customers, Evaluators, and Ipswitch Employees as assigned via telephone, email, instant messaging, and remote sessions by:
- Assisting in the installation and use of products
- Identifying problems or conditions outside of a product that adversely affect its operation
- Identifying product defects, and recommending workarounds, patches, and/or upgrades
- Providing a path into Ipswitch R&D for customers’ product suggestions
- Providing information about Support processes and resources
- Escalating customer issues through Senior Technicians or Support Manager as needed
- Properly documenting and tracking customer cases
- Contribute short technical articles to the Ipswitch online knowledge base
- Participate in development process via defect reporting/prioritization, documentation and usability reviews, etc.
Benefits: Ipswitch provides their employees a comprehensive full benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, fitness and wellness benefits. We value our employees and provide you a unique working environment to harvest your talents. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team.
- Minimum one year of front line, external end-user support experience
- Excellent language skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer handling skills
- Familiarity with Internet protocols, including: TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP, SSL.
- Good understanding of Windows, its networking and administration
- Basic understanding of IIS and SQL Server.
- Ability to solve problems both independently and cooperatively
- Can-do attitude, ability to thrive in a fast-paced technical support environment .
Ipswitch, Inc. has been named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the greater Boston area. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team!!!
Ipswitch, Inc - 19 months ago
Ipswitch develops and markets innovative IT software that is easy to learn and use. More than 100 million people worldwide use Ipswitch...