HOURS: Full time - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday -Friday, Flex time available.
RESPONSIBILITIES: We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide front line telephone support and assistance to all MMIC Health IT clients. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for gathering and recording details of service calls, providing tier two support, and triaging calls to the appropriate internal or external resource for resolution. This is a work at home (telecommuting) position based in Minneapolis.
- Associates degree in information technology related field or equivalent
- Knowledge of software, hardware, and hardware configurations gained
from three or more years’ experience required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience troubleshooting Windows servers and
- Two or more years’ experience supporting electronic practice
management and/or electronic medical record systems, including
- One year or more experience administering and installing Microsoft SQL
- One year or more experience with client/server and thin client
environments (Terminal Services, Citrix) required.
- This is a high profile position requiring strong customer service and
telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing required.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- Excellent human relations skills required.
- Ability to perform work on a self-directed basis and be accountable for
- Excellent time and work organization skills required.
- A+, MCSE, and/or MCP certification preferred.