Founded in 1999, Noble Street Charter School has been recognized nationally for its success serving low-income Chicago students. Noble is the highest-performing open-enrollment school in Chicago. Over the last 11 years, the Noble model has proven successful: 99% of seniors graduate, 91% of graduates go to college, and 83% of those are the first in their family to do so. Currently, the Noble Network operates 12 high school campuses throughout Chicago and serves over 7,600 students. Noble has been awarded a $10.8 million dollar grant by the U.S. Department of Education to support expansion in Chicago, and plans to open 10 new high school campuses, which will enable us to serve an additional 10,000 students by 2016.
The Technical Support Specialist position provides direct support to students, teachers, and staff of Noble through the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of end-user computing equipment.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology and as part of an eleven member team, the Technical Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing frontline/first responder technical support.
The members of this team are currently responsible for resolving “level one” technical issues through in-person/hands-on as well as remote support for thousands of computing devices and hundreds of applications for 750 employees, 7,600 students, and fifteen locations throughout Chicago (i.e., twelve high school campuses, one middle school campus, the Central Management Office (CMO), and Noble Daycare).
Noble’s computing environment consists of ten Windows campuses and three Mac (OSX) campuses. Noble Daycare and the CMO are also Windows-based. The ideal candidate has notable experience with Windows and some working knowledge of Mac OSX as well. Cross-platform experience (Mac and Windows) is highly desired but not mandatory.
The Technical Support Specialist must be able to reach (and often work from) any Noble location efficiently and without reservation. The campuses, CMO, and Noble Daycare are located throughout Chicago and can all be reached easily by car. Please visit our website at www.noblenetwork.org to see the locations of our schools.
Finally, the Technical Support Specialist will occasionally be responsible for responding to technology issues that occur outside of normal business hours and also for staffing occasional weekend and evening projects. A reasonable amount of flexibility to accommodate this need is an essential part of this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver “straight-A” technical support to Noble campuses as a key player on an eleven member help desk team.
- Provide courteous, professional, skillful, and expeditious communication and resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with MS Windows and Mac OSX as well as software applications, AV systems and phone services (e.g., Exchange, Active Directory, Open Directory, MS Office, Outlook, Entourage, Sophos Antivirus; Symantec Backup Exec, IP Office Voicemail Pro, etc).
- Perform basic one-on-one technology training for new employees as needed.
Staff on the support team have a singular goal: to provide our teachers and students with optimal learning conditions from a technology standpoint each and every day. We exist for our students, teachers, and staff and remain laser focused every single day on how we can improve the technology experience for each of these groups.
To join this exclusive team, you must:
- have a Bachelor's degree and/or recent military experience.
- have at least two years of relevant technical support experience in a Windows environment; knowledge of Mac (OSX) is also a huge plus.
- have superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- have a sustainable balance between customer service and technical skills.
- have a positive attitude and be willing to learn.
- have the ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- be reliable, honest, and trustworthy.
All interested candidates should apply on our website at www.noblenetwork.org. Please attach a cover letter and resume (including three professional references).
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions or access to the Chicago Teachers Pension Fund, paid time off, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Noble Network - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard