The Technical Support Specialist’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the Universities technology and technical equipment environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, training, and upgrading technical hardware and equipment to ensure optimal performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas/equipment (in person, by telephone, remote control, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. This position will be responsible for providing support to multiple campus centers across the country for all students , staff, faculty, and others from Parkville Campus located in Missouri.
- Perform on-site and/or remote installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex technical problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed, for hardware and software owned by Park University. This includes but not limited to installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, email and/or face-to-face regarding technology problems.
- Maintains strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for the purpose of ensuring University and end user security.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications and develop user manuals for end users products.
- Support help desk as need.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in PC support.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Above average knowledge in PC and Apple systems in a Domain environment.
- Lifting and transporting up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.
- If needed overnight traveling to other campus centers (less than 20% for the time).
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Park University - 4 months ago
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...