Recommind has just been praised as one of the “World’s Ten Most Innovative Companies in Big Data” by Fast Company and awarded a position in the ‘Leaders’ Quadrant of Gartner’s 2013 report, ‘Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software'. We were also recently placed on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, for the fourth consecutive year. As a leader in unstructured data management analysis and governance technology, we use our sophisticated software to help organizations manage and leverage their information. By focusing on the rapidly growing volumes of unstructured information our clients create every day, we enable them to unlock the value assets in ways they could not before. We do this by building enterprise applications on CORE, our very powerful unstructured data management and analytics platform.
We have been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the Bay Area, and are showing no signs of slowing down. With each new measure of success achieved, our goals continue getting loftier, which means we are consistently looking to hire top talent to help reach them. While the right experience is important, more so is the high level of passion, intelligence, innovativeness, and entrepreneurial spirit that are inherent in our ideal candidates.
We have an opening for a Technical Support Specialist in our Norwood office. This position will work directly with our clients to troubleshoot and resolve any of their technical issues. Communication skills and a strong customer service orientation are crucial to being successful in this role.
Requirements – Non Technical
- Work with System Administrators, Field Consultants, Engineers, Attorneys, Paralegals and corporations in large scale litigation prep and to troubleshoot and diagnose reported software issues.
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Recommind employees.
- Opportunities to train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges.
- Take a leadership role in internal and external Projects around supporting our customer’s success.
- A strong capacity and desire to develop customer service and communication skills. The candidate will be expected to understand a customer needs, put themselves in the customer’s shoes, and guide the customer’s expectations. We ask our engineers to be the voice of the customer back to the company
- The ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
- The ability to work with team mates to achieve a mission
- Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics
- Leadership skills to drive technical and service initiatives
- The ability to present to senior management and executives
- Experience or exposure to object oriented programming language like Java, C++ and/or other modern programming languages.
- Experience or exposure installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, Open-Source Projects (such as Apache Web-Server, Apache Tomcat)
- Able to produce audience-appropriate technical communications with executives, support personnel, and the customer
- Can quickly adapt to new web technologies
- Programming/Scripting (Ruby, Perl, Java) knowledge a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required (CS, MIS, or Engineering preferred)
We offer all of the perks expected of an established company, such as a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and generous PTO - but we also offer the fun and excitement of being part of a mature start-up that is rapidly growing, incredibly fast-paced and built on teamwork and innovation.
- Experience in support or consulting in the field of eDiscovery and related software like Introspect Ringtail, Law, Concordance, Summation, etc.
- Experience in support or consulting in enterprise business applications on Java and other web related technologies
- Exceptional diagnostic ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations
- Extensive experience with aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, server configuration, Web Server optimization, load balancing hardware)
- The ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture" from incomplete or ambiguous data
- Ability to influence and gain cooperative relationships with wide range of audiences ranging from executives to technical specialists
- Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone’s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible
Recommind is a leader in unstructured information management and analysis technology, delivering search-powered business applications that transform the way organizations find, manage, analyze and act upon data inside and outside the corporate network. Recommind’s solutions are all built on the CORE platform, which automatically accesses, organizes and analyzes large volumes of information in context from myriad sources. Recommind customers include AstraZeneca, BMW, Cisco, Clifford Chance, Marathon Oil, Morgan Lewis, US Department of Energy (DOE), White & Case and WilmerHale. Recommind is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, London, Sydney and Bonn, Germany. For more information go to www.recommind.com
Recommind is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.