The Technical Support Specialist * is responsible for inbound Advance Helpdesk technical support inquiries and resolving service related issues originated by customers and partners in all aspects of the Synacor’s product suite. Monitors and reports events on production and corporate networks and devices. The TSS team operates under Contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for support and service up-time in a 24x7x365 Tier 1 Data Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Document, Diagnose, and attempt to resolve 97% of the written or verbal support requests using Standard Operating Procedures, and industry field experience.
• Perform Quality Assurance tests for various customers, and Internal Synacor Business Units to validate compliance with SLA’s.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Support, Escalations, and Notification.
• Perform due diligence to identify resources internal or external to provide resolution to support requests.
• Utilize Salesforce and Jira trouble ticketing and reporting systems to track all work and operations events.
• Maintain professional, courteous rapport with customers, vendors, and Synacor employees at all times
• Act as Level 1 and Level 2 support for customer inquiries and work with Level 3 and product Architects to identify and resolve root cause.
• Stay current on industry trends and practices for desktop hardware, desktop peripheral devices, media players, and browsers.
• Update, and maintain the team Intranet site.
• Strictly adhere to the time accountability policy and procedures.
• Exercise excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Synacor's products / services
• Monitoring mail queues and terminating spam accounts
What you’ll bring to the Table
• Two year degree in technology field or A+ and Net+ certification highly desired
• 1-3 years technical support experience troubleshooting advanced products and services
• Knowledge of PC and Macintosh Hardware
• Advanced knowledge of all desktop operating system and browsers
• Strong understanding of networking platforms and protocols
• Understanding of IP scopes and sub- netting, Static IP, network and broadcast domains, basic routing
• Knowledge of DNS
• Knowledge of Internet and LAN technology, including TCP/IP Protocols.
• Strong understanding of email, webmail, and 3rd party clients
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
*This shift will be Wednesday-Saturday 7:30am-5:30pm
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...