Responsible for supervision and coordination of desktop and helpdesk staff who provide service, support and repair of IT equipment for the agency. Supervise helpdesk call processing, intra-agency customer relationships with IT, effective allocation of staff to match equipment requirements, and expeditious service and repairs.
Respond to all related customer inquiries and related software, desktop and network problems.Serve as a liaison to customers. Provide staff with all timely and necessary business, technical and agency information. Responsible for printer, PC hardware and software inventories.
Ensure a commitment to safety through effective leadership, role modeling and implementing practices that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value and a priority in all aspects of work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Provide supervision, technical support, direction and leadership to members of the desktop support and helpdesk group.
2. Coordinate calls and user requests for efficient resolution. Prioritize, delegate and track all calls to their closure.
3. Responsible for managing the call tracking application, and continued automation of the support Center and other improvements.
4. Responsible for the planning, organization and control of policy and standards, relating to the use and support of agency desktop and mobile technologies.
5. Maintain communication with other IT section staff to ensure successful integration of systems initiatives and problem resolution.
6. Coordinate departments within IT to ensure the timely completion of moves of IT equipment within the agency.
7. Coordinate issues of desktop technology policy and design with Technical Services Manager to ensure continuity of Helpdesk and Server groups.
8. Oversee the cost-effective operation of personal computer hardware and software systems. Research and analyze alternatives and implement solutions for improving services and reducing costs.
9. Responsible for ordering all printer, desktop and mobile computer hardware and software for the agency and maintaining and monitoring an inventory of all desktop and mobile devices.
10. Monitor adherence to agency standards and policies regarding the use of microcomputer hardware and software. Work closely with members of the Information Technology team to ensure compliance with existing policies.
11. Responsible for overseeing the Helpdesk function for local and remote agency Telecom, Network, PC, and mission critical resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other clearly related field.
Minimum five years experience in providing microcomputer user support in a corporate environment including contract and project management.
Minimum one year coordinating helpdesk activities and two years supervisory experience.
Intermediate skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, database applications and other software applications.
Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
1. Knowledge of all supervisory functions and practices including planning, organizing, coordination and controls. Understanding of basic supervisory principles, including current knowledge of Helpdesk supervisory principles and practices.
2. Current knowledge of leading personal computer hardware and software.
3. Knowledge of Footprints Software is desired.
4. Demonstrated knowledge in Windows XP, Windows 7 support.
5. Demonstrated knowledge in maintaining large inventories.
6. Demonstrated knowledge in supervising a Helpdesk support environment.
7. Demonstrated knowledge in Office 2007 Support.
8. Ability to manage complex projects for efficient and timely implementation. Ability to negotiate the allocation of scarce technical resources in situations involving multiple competing priorities.
9. Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, management and clients. Ability to negotiate with clients, service providers and vendors.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, the elderly, persons with disabilities and/or other vulnerable populations.
11. Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
12. Demonstrated skill in supervising a call center environment.
13. Ability to accept and carry out assignments with minimum supervision.
14. Ability to operate personal computer systems including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Demonstrated proficiency to accurately keyboard (type).
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 14, Exempt, Non-Union.
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/Resume & Cover Letter
2. Computer based assessments
3. Panel Interview
3. References & Degree Verification
It is your responsibility, and to your benefit, to describe in detail how your education, training and work experience meet the requirements of the position for which you are applying. If applicable, please provide at least ten years of your work history, including any volunteer and internship experience you may have. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and letters of recommendation with your application.
Online applications are permitted five attachments; however each attachment is limited to 5MB. Please include your attachments in the "Resume Attachment" section (please try to combine documents as much as possible). A second option for attaching multiple documents is to send them to email@example.com and we will attach them to your online application. You may also fax your materials to 503-962-3477 or 503-962-7440. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes will not be considered in lieu of a completed application.
To apply, please visit our website at http://trimet.org/careers
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we currently only contact applicants who are highly qualified and most closely match our job requirements.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and submit supporting documentation with your application by the closing date of this recruitment. Documentation must be attached to your application.
Persons needing an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process should contact TriMet Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 503-962-5811. A minimum of two workdays notice prior to the need for accommodation is required.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including the elderly and persons with disabilities.