The Technical Specialist is a member of the BD Service Organization, a dynamic and innovative department that endeavors to: Provide high-level technical advice, consultation, and troubleshooting for the various BD businesses. Maintains meticulous documentation and current BD product-line information. Ensures continuous and accurate flow of communication between customers and Field Sales Representatives, Quality, Marketing and R & D (Research & Development). Contributes to team goals and objectives through active participation.
Delivers prompt and thorough responses to inquiries from domestic and international customers, Field Sales Reps and in-house associates primarily via telephone and written communication. Coordinates with QC (Quality Control), QA (Quality Assurance), R&D (Research & Development) and Field personnel to assure timely follow-up and resolution of all technical inquiries and customer grievances. Communicates technical needs from customers & field representatives to in-house departments and provides updated technical information to the field. Supports the 24/7 Technical Service telephone line by providing emergency technical assistance during rotations of evening, weekend and holiday beeper coverage.
As needed, conducts off-site technical support/training for customers and/or sales to resolve complex product issues. Assists in the evaluation, development and enhancement of training courses (including support materials) for Technical Service Representatives. Coordinates new products training for Technical Service and work with Sales & Marketing to assure that product training supports their programs. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of product-line updates and all Product Incident Reports (PIR). Performs critical
reviews of department reference manuals and package inserts; prepares technical bulletins as required.
Participates on assigned project teams and offer technical input for new product development to ensure
compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO 9000 (International Organization for Standardization),
Quality Procedures and new product development protocols. As needed, attends trade shows and/or scientific
presentations to provide technical support and gain exposure to competitive products. Shares learnings
with the group
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (technical writing experience is highly desired).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization skills and a passion for providing superior service.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office package).
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to changing business environment(s).
- Able to develop and implement creative solutions for moderate to complex situations.
- B.S. Degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a clinical hospital or reference laboratory, or in an industrial setting, such as, pharmaceutical environmental monitoring and/or food microbiology testing.
- General customer support interaction experience.
- 2 years ago - save job