TECHNICAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Urban Robotics Inc. provides cutting edge software and hardware solutions for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Remote Sensing and Geospatial applications.
The Technical Systems Specialist combines three roles into one. The individual hired into this role must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively to balance and successfully complete the duties and responsibilities required of the position.
This position is located in Portland Oregon, travel is required approximately 25%+ of the time, this may include international travel depending on the needs of our clients.
ESSENTIALS FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Including but not limited to:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (33% of the role)
- Provides technical support on deployed systems
- Ensure technical issues from the field team are properly routed through the appropriate channels and driven to resolution in a timely manner
- Provide weekly reports to Project Managers, Engineering, and Field Operations on the status of current and resolved technical field issues
- Daily monitoring and updating of company technical issue tracker
TRAINING SPECIALIST (33% of the role)
- Trains and prepares newly hired Field Service Representatives (FSR's) on all deployed hardware and software systems - this includes integration, installation, operation and maintenance
- Keep Training documentation up to date and create new training documentation as additional systems are developed and fielded
CONUS FSR (33% of the role)
- Possible 25%+ travel for Field Service Representative (FSR) support of Continental United States (CONUS) field projects
- Support includes system integration, installation, operation, maintenance and post-processing among other customer requirements
- BA/BS degree is required
- Previous experience working with aircraft, Field Support, military or imagery analysis
- Must be able to pass a flight physical
- Versatile; experience in computer architecture and/or repair is required; software proficiency in Windows based systems a must
- Possession of or ability to obtain a security clearance, Top Secret clearance preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills, and ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer and phone use.
- There may be a need to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand for long for short periods of time lift and carry approximately 50 pounds.
- The area of work is in a general office environment and stress is likely to occur.
- In addition to the above, the employee may need to work 7 days a week and potentially 12 hours per day while deployed-this will all be dependent on the contract details and requirements.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Robotics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Urban Robotics, Inc. conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers and leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urban Robotics, Inc. participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.
AAP/EEO provider and drug-free workplace
The company offers a comprehensive health insurance package which offers the choice of a Health Savings Account. In addition to health benefits, the company offers a company paid 401(K) plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid parking or bus pass, employee recognition programs, a variety of paid and unpaid leave of absences, incentives and rewards.
Urban Robotics, Inc. - 9 months ago
Urban Robotics was founded in 2003 by Silicon Industry and former Department of Defense engineers. Today, the company continues to merge the...