How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Responsible for leading and developing high performance work teams that specialize in the installation, operation and repair of machinery used for warehouse operations. Also responsible for managing quality performance, cost parameters, and customer service for internal and external customers.
• Leads the day-to-day operations of team members on all 3 shifts to ensure a smooth workflow and achievement of goals and objectives.
• Leads behavioral based safety, quality, service and cost performance measures.
• Ensures continued development of high performance work teams, deployment of lean principles and tools through a visual factory.
• Enlists both internal and external resources to make improvements to standard work processes and material handling methods.
• Champions the 4E’s (Engages, Enlists, Envisions, and Executes) throughout the organization.
• Monitors installation, operations, maintenance, and repair of mechanically functioning equipment, as well as electrical systems.
• Works closely with engineering disciplines in the enhancement of PLC controls to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
• Executes capital projects as assigned.
• Communicates and interprets overall organizational directives and applies them to team and individual objectives.
• Functions as liaison, representing the team in general, interfacing and influencing other functions in the organization and working cross-functionally to improve processes.
• Organizes and facilitates work team meetings.
• Participates in the design of formal training programs; conducts presentations and formal training programs for audiences of varying levels of sophistication.
• Ensures a safe working environment by utilizing the principles of behavior based safety.
• Ensures GMP.
• Monitors and ensures achievement of goals, objectives, and timelines.
• Develops, interprets and ensures the fair and consistent application of organizational policies.
• Monitors the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient; implements approved changes.
• Ensures adequate staffing in order to meet pre-established completion dates.
• Ensures budgetary compliance.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Responsible for training and development of team members.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime; takes disciplinary actions, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 5 years of production/operations or technical maintenance experience OR 9 years of production/operations or technical maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard).
• Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives.
• Supervisory experience.
• Required to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 7 years of production or operations or technical maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience working in a consumer product goods environment.
• Robotic-specific maintenance experience.
• Experience leading high performance work teams and providing motivation to achieve plan goals.
• Demonstrates team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
• Experience applying LEAN methodology.
• Experience using a WMS system.
• Project management experience.
• Experience working with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and establishing sound maintenance procedures to assure equipment reliability.
• Experience working with or around motors, gearboxes, chain drive units, conveyors, stretch wrappers, palletizers, etc.
• Experience using technical skills to troubleshoot issues and understand requirements to complete repairs in a timely fashion.
• Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions.
• Skilled in the use of MS Excel at an intermediate level, MS Word and PowerPoint at a basic level.
• Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
• Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience carrying out assignments that are broad and difficult in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
• Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in the area of specialization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 2 years ago
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's...