Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Technical Tester to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
Specific day to day test engineering duties include, but not limited to:
- Developing test scripts
- Generating test data
- Data Validation
- Web service testing
- Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
- Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
- Execute regression, functional, and system testing
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
- Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies.
- 6-8 years hands-on experience in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Manual Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts.
- Experience in backend testing is a prerequisite.
- Prior experience as a developer is a plus.
- Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing.
- At least 3 years of software development (either Java or .Net or SQL programming) experience plus the ability to utilize that experience to develop a strong test approach.
- Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture and in-depth domain knowledge.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with Test Management Software (HP Mercury suite of tools –QuickTestPro, TestDirector, LoadRunner, Quality Center) to conduct functional, regression and performance testing, evaluate test results, report and manage defects.
- Strong SQL development skills (preferably PL-SQL) and solid understanding of relational databases especially testing in a large database.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: Web, Portal, Web Services, desktop, and back end applications.
- Ability to define and generate meaningful test metrics
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline or related experience and a minimum of 6-8 years of formal software testing experience.
- Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
- Experience with XML and NIEM a plus.
- Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance.
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a proud member of the Raytheon AWIPS Team, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT) and...