Deliver technical training to Field Service and Outside Plant employees to support the successful performance of Field Operations. Facilitate training presentations using a variety of tools and methods, including one-on-one field training, focusing primarily on equipping technical employees who work in customer-facing technical positions and support employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
o Climbing poles, ladders, towers and other structures, and
- Delivers effective training both in the form of classroom delivery and/or one-on-one coaching to technical employees primarily in customer-facing positions, including installation, pole climbing, and troubleshooting.
- Proactively ensures that training materials reflect current practices and policies by communicating any concerns or recommendations to the office of Learning and Development.
- Assists the Ops VP in the scheduling training workshops and other training opportunities throughout the region for Field Service and Outside Plant employees.
- Coordinates training program logistics, including scheduling training classes and presentation space, setting classroom configuration, audio-visual set-up, requesting necessary training materials, etc.
- Assists the Field Operations team in accomplishing goals and objectives through training of Field Service and Outside Plant employees. Advise manager of training needs and changes in our industry, and recommend adjustments to training programs, as appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge on policies and procedures concerning safety, technical and operations philosophies and incorporates changes into training curricula.
- Ensures that all training is done in compliance with the National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and OSHA regulations.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Travels 10-50% of the time to deliver training in local systems. Drives safely, complying with all traffic regulations.
- Performs other duties, as required. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong classroom presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- SCTE certification as a Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS) or equivalent experience required.
- Five years experience in technical positions within the CATV industry or equivalent experience.
- Previous training experience, including instructional design, strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of safety training as it pertains to our industry.
- Experience with HRC networks, fiber transport, and all head-end and network facilities desirable.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary. Travel away from assigned system is expected to average 10-50%.
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- The combined weight of a person’s body and equipment must not exceed the standard 300-pound weight capacity designated to ladders and bucket trucks.
- With or without accommodation, must be physically capable of:
o Lifting and carrying up to 70 lbs.
WE ARE FULLY COMMITTED TO AND STRIVE FOR DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE AND
ENCOURAGE ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO APPLY.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 22 months ago
Cablevision thinks it's the ideal choice for cable TV service. Through the Optimum and iO brands, the company provides cable services...