Digium*, Inc., the Asterisk* Company, created, owns and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software. Since its founding in 1999, Digium has become the open source alternative to proprietary communication providers, with offerings that cost as much as 80 percent less. Digium offers Asterisk software free to the open source community and offers Switchvox, Digium's Unified Communications solution to power a broad family of products for small, medium and large businesses. The company's product line includes a wide range of telephony hardware and software to enable resellers and customers to implement turnkey VoIP systems or to design their own custom communications solutions. At Digium, we're changing the way businesses communicate.
Duties of Position:
This position is responsible for developing, delivering and growing Digium's Asterisk training programs designed to educate technically skilled individuals on open source Asterisk and Digium products and solutions. This includes assisting, supporting and leading the planning of training courses, developing and delivering training curriculum and supporting the training operations and personell. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and growing the Asterisk Training Partner program and supporting Digium's channel certification training. This position will also support the Asterisk community development efforts including participating at User Group events, conferences and exhibitions by providing training, presentations and thought-leadership.
In addition to program management, this is a hands-on, technical position that will include developing and delivering instructor led classroom lectures and lab sessions at Digium headquarters as well as offsite locations. Training content will also be developed and delivered using other training delivery methods such as virtual online training, webinars, videos, blog posts and web content.
The position is based at Digium headquarters in Huntsville, Alabama and may require up to three weeks travel per quarter.
- Bachelor's Degree ( preferably in a technical field) or equivalent real-world experience
- Two years developing and delivering technical training in a classroom/lab enviroment, preferably related to Asterisk, Linux, VoIP, telecommunications, and/or voice and data networking
- Experience developing virtual and online training content and documentation a plus
- Pre- and post sales technical support and/or systems engineering a plus
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner
- Strong telecommunications and/or VoIP experience preferred
- dCAP certification preferred
- CCIE, CCNP Voice, CCNA a plus
- Proficient in Linux systems administration
- Experience using LMS and LCMS systems a plus
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Digium, Inc. - 4 months ago
Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, created, owns and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source...