Plans and coordinates the different components of the Operation training function which includes:
- Develops and delivers training programs (Instructor Lead Training and CBT), including outlines, text, handouts, tests and design exercises.
- IntelaTrac Administrator (Serve as site systems and equipment Subject Matter Expert) for daily troubleshooting, system maintenance and upgrades as well as manage all equipment needs and repairs.
- Serves as IntelaTrac trainer and coordinator to all area Super-Users
- Coordinates training facilities and resources in advance of training activities (
Training content, PowerPoint presentation, Training Aids, Classroom Setup).
- Proctors knowledge-based tests and assists subject-matter expert/trainer with performance-based testing.
- Verifies that training activity documentation is complete and properly retained.
- Regular communication with Operations Supervisors to identify the most efficient time and place to schedule training activities.
- Regularly communicates with Operations management and personnel to evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs.
- Observe trainees in classroom exercises and answer questions.
- Be thoroughly familiar with unit(s) and equipment in the field.
- Responsible for Basic Operator Trainee program and the Qualification/Refresher Operator Trainee program.
- Review and update the training materials and tests as appropriate.
- Schedule, proctor and review all Operations Assessment Test activities.
- Assist in developing training schedules, periodic and annual.
- Serves as TopClass administrator.
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred. A minimum of 3 years of training and process operating experience required.
Knowledge and full understanding of IntelaTrac system and equipment required.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and possess good coaching and training skills. Must be able to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must have proficiency in MS Office suite and the ability to create training programs and graphics for presentations and training models. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, business periodicals and government regulations whether in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute work in a safe and environmentally sound manner required. Thorough knowledge of all plant safety, operations, and environmental policies and procedures is required.
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valero - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world's...