Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Our learning center in San Ramon, CA is the location for key training for Pacific Gas and Electric employees. Built in 1987, San Ramon Valley Conference Center provides 40 conference rooms, 119 guestrooms, exceptional dining and ample outdoor space to accommodate a variety of events such as telecommunication and computer skills development. It also houses work shops for welding and power system operations.
The Senior Instructor will be part of a high-performance learning organization where teamwork, initiative, technical, and facilitation skills form the foundation of outstanding adult learning success.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience as a Journeyman System Operator
- Minimum 6 months experience as a career level Technical Training Instructor
- Ability to travel 25%
- Technical Training Certification (COMPTIA), or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a training/instructor capacity
- Completion of PG&E's Instructor Excellence Program
- Engineering degree or AA degree with a minimum of 2 years of related engineering experience
- Team building skills, initiative, great facilitation skills, good communicator, able to give and receive constructive feedback, open and honest communication.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Facilitate courses designed to teach the fundamentals of Electric System Operations
- Subject Matter Expert consulting to our clients.
- Collaborate with Learning Designers to update and develop course curriculum, materials and training aids.
- Mentor new instructors and the field.
- Provide field support as needed.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 10 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...