At PlumChoice our self-driven, collaborative team designs, markets, sells and delivers technical support services for the consumer and small business customers of Fortune 1000 companies. Specifically, we set up, configure, connect, enhance troubleshoot and provide usage assistance for people’s technology environments in the growing Internet of Things. Our goal is a continuous, positive service experience. To achieve it, we hire those with initiative, a “let’s find a way” attitude and collaborative work styles. We seek highly talented people who want to join an exciting growth company that cares about the human side of technology.
As a leader in the evolving technology care industry, PlumChoice Learning and Development is seeking an outstanding and accomplished training professional with excellent virtual and classroom facilitation skills and a strong knowledge of technology support for desktop, laptop, mobile devices and servers. The Technical Training Specialist position will focus on developing and delivering training programs and onboarding newly hired remote and on-site Technicians and L1 Engineers who deliver support to consumer and small business customers’ devices and servers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Onboard new employees train new employees delivering new hire training program.
- Establish training objectives, develop lesson plans and assemble materials needed for training manuals, presentations, testing and evaluation procedures
- Identify changes and enhancements to training on an ongoing basis and help with business requirements for these changes when necessary.
- Provide coaching and feedback to trainees and help others to strengthen specific knowledge and skills.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs and ensures alignment with strategic direction and business goals.
- Partner and collaborate with leadership teams to ensure a well-trained and informed workforce.
- Provide support in the areas of learning needs assessment, learning/competency alignment, design, delivery and evaluation to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Document processes & procedures & identify areas for improvement
Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite, presentation related software, training tools and methods
- Love of Training
- Excellent platform and remote presentation skills.
- Ability clearly conveying concepts and ideas both technical and non-technical to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Team player who can play their position well and help others play theirs.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities and deliverables under pressure and in short time frame circumstances.
- Self-starter strategic thinker taking initiative to find solutions and drive through to completion.
- Strong working knowledge of technical support for desktops, laptops, networking, mobile devices and servers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following technologies: Network Topology, IP Routing, Exchange, Active Directory.
English required, Spanish a plus
Travel domestic and international – 20%.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Call Center experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in technical training within a similar business environment; or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Minimum of Industry certification(s) such as A+, MCP, MCSE
- ASTD or ComTia CTTcertifications a plus.
PlumChoice, Inc. - 30+ days ago