Technica Corporation has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Technical Volume Lead in Dulles, VA. This individual will be responsible for leading teams of technical resources to ensure the development of high quality, technically competent and compliant winning proposal and task order responses in the Federal sector.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a variety of project related roles such as implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, support engineer, team leader or architect. Will also have a broad technical understanding of network, security, cloud computing and other related technologies.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate, engage in, and manage communications with technical resources, senior management, teaming partners and external suppliers.
- Write and manage the technical volume of proposal responses (RFP/RFQs).
- Analyze proposal requirements, write original text and edit technical narratives to ensure grammatical quality and compliance of all outgoing proposals.
- Develop outlines and strategies for documents to reach intended audience.
- Collaborate with assigned Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure derived methodologies, principles, operations and basic concepts are presented in clear simple language to targeted audiences.
- Prepare kickoff packages to include coordinating meetings and generating compliant technical response outlines.
- Coordinate assigned proposal efforts inclusive of developing project schedules, resource plans, bases of estimates, and risk and quality plans.
- Lead teams of technical and non-technical resources to conduct meetings, provide direction, maintain action lists, enforce deadlines and integrate work materials to ensure all technical elements are captured.
- Prepare and manage data calls, participate in color review preparation and the production of professionally developed proposals.
- Tailor existing proposal library to meet specific compliance requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in engineering or other technical related discipline; Master’s or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years professional experience leading technical volume proposal development.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 10 years planning and implementation experience in two or more areas of technology disciplines such as:
- Software design or development
- Infrastructure architecture
- Content distribution
- Database architecture
- IP Networking
- IT Security
- Systems Operations
- Ability to analyze RFPs, produce a high level summary and quickly provide a snapshot on the proposal requirements.
- Strong analytic skills to interpret RFP requirements and tailor existing proposal library content to meet specific compliance requirements.
- Strong interviewing and researching skills and the ability to transform them into clear and strong proposal text.
- Senior level writing and editing skills for proposals, presentations, whitepapers, and other documents.
- Ability to translate technical ideas into graphics.
- Ability to perform stylistic edit for clarification of meaning, elimination of jargon, language refinement, and creating a single voice for the document.
- Ability to perform substantive edits for clarification or reorganization of content to achieve flow and clarity.
- Skilled in document mechanics including grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation and consistency.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills to conduct collaborative meetings.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- CMMI – level 2/3
- Various technical certifications
Technica Corporation - 21 months ago