Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete job requirements on schedule, as well as the ability to communicate job status to management, fellow associates, and the client.
Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce quality work within profitability goals.
Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between the client and all internal disciplines.
Timeliness/Reliability - The ability to produce documentation or services in accordance with a preestablished schedule.
Technical/Product Knowledge - The level of knowledge with regard to the customer product line.
Computer/Network Skills - The level of expertise with regard to software/hardware skills and network familiarity.
Interfaces with customer or Government representatives, as required, during length of project. Works closely with Program/Project Manager and internal associates interpreting contractual specifications, engineering drawings, reports, and other data to help produce technical documentation. Adept at researching existing data to maximize use of previously developed text and/or illustrations. Drafts text materials and ensures that text and illustrations are coordinated per final product requirements. Is knowledgeable/capable in using a variety of desktop publishing tools. Works at the direction of Program/Project Manager or Lead/Senior Technical Writer. Travels by air or vehicle as required.
Prefer associate degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience and/or at least two (2) years experience writing complete, complex technical documents. Experience must include the organization of the document as well as involvement in the coordination with client/Government representatives, engineering, and internal provisioning, art, and logistics personnel.
Education and Experience:
- Basic technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, or aeronautical engineering.
- Basic knowledge of related fields, including illustrating, provisioning, and logistic support analysis.
- Ability to apply cost-saving research techniques.
- Ability to write and edit clear and concise text using publications software.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and to prepare sketches to define illustration requirements.
- Ability to quickly establish familiarity with customer product line.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer and employees on a technical basis.
- Ability to establish interpersonal rapport with the customer and user of the manual.
- Ability to document/archive technical data over long periods and to archive this data to aid in future related projects.
- Ability to work with intermittent supervision.
O'Neil & Associates, Inc. - 19 months ago