Sierra Nevada Corporation's Integrated Mission Systems business unit in Hagerstown, Maryland is continuing to grow in support of its customers and needs your help in this effort. We provide capability to the Department of Defense, Customs and Border Protection, other agencies, and international customers in supplying them with the Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions they require. We design, build, integrate, and operate these highly capable platforms around the world.
We work in a fast paced Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) environment.
This is a tremendously interesting, challenging, and complex work effort requiring the very best applicants. At the current time we are looking for applicants for a Software Technical Writer position. If you meet these qualifications, are interested in joining our unique team and being part of this growing effort, please apply as indicated.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical software documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Conducts quality review of materials.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for preparation of documents intended for end users of SNC software products
• Support preparation of system and in-process test plans and procedures, and acceptance test procedures
• Using block diagrams, schematic diagrams, artist sketches, and minimal input (written or verbal) from subject matter experts, such as design engineers, prepare operations and/or maintenance manuals and software documentation
• Prepare other technical data as required.
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
• Other duties as assigned
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
• Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
BS/BA minimum in related discipline with:
•Extensive related military training and background, and experience supporting engineering development in industry, government or under government contract is preferred
•Experience with MS Office, Adobe FrameMaker, web research tools, and familiarity with Intra/Internet tools environment required
Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance is required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 2 years ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...