Posting Job Title: Technical Writer
Requisition #: 143510BR
Posting Location: Columbus, OH, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Assist in the support of the software, deployment, product management, and network engineering teams with their documentation efforts as related to coordination and monitoring of all engineering related projects associated with, but not limited to, multiple dwellings units, plant extensions, plant relocations, utility joint trench projects and plant upgrades. Insure that all TWC engineering and construction method of procedures (MOP) standards are met. Insure all Event Track applicable standard codes and deadlines are met. Technical Writers accomplishes workload demands by working productively and safely and by competing all requested projects in a timely manner with limited supervision. Technical Writers ensures internal customer satisfaction by providing information on all available company products and by promoting a positive, professional image.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
% of time Function
10% Provide detailed user Interface Design Documentation including art graphics, work flow charts and feature descriptions.
40% Support the Engineering and Operations teams by providing relevant
documentation and reviewing documentation authored by those teams for clarity, organization, and format.
10% Review all formalized documentation for grammar, organization, and proper use of company templates.
5% Communicate with engineers to obtaininformation and ensure validity of the documentation
5% Help create templates for operational documentation and for the engineering development process.
5% Create documents for both internal use and external customers.
5% Ensure proper communication and distribution of Technical Documentation.
20% Create, modify, and track entries in the Change Management System.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- College degree in English or Writing preferred
- Knowledge of Cable systems is preferred.
- Strong Software Engineering Knowledge is preferred
- Ability to use Adobe Frame Maker, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, MS Suite (excel, word, PowerPoint), AuthorIT, Requisite Pro
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Consistent with the intent of creating a win-win, adult-to-adult employment relationship, the employee also has a number of critical responsibilities in the performance management process:
- Establishing Clear Expectations
- Planning is a two-way street. While it is the Supervisor's responsibility to clarify such things as the terms of employment, the measures of success, and the basis for advancement in pay and responsibility, it is the individual's responsibility to make sure he/she fully understands what is expected and all aspects of the employment relationship. Moreover, if such matters are not clear, the individual should ask questions to gain clarity.
- Taking Ownership for Personal Performance
- The individual is ultimately responsible for meeting the performance standards established for the role in the specified time period, and maintaining performance at or above those standards. The individual is responsible for maintaining the performance expectations established for him/her by their Supervisor.
As with performance, the individual is ultimately responsible for his/her own development. The company will do its best to provide the training and tools needed for effective performance on the job and will attempt to create an environment in which talented people can perform to the best of their abilities. It is up to the individual to make the most of the opportunities provided, to actively participate in the development process, and to continually improve performance of the essential functions of this job.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Participates in training workshops and development activities.
- Attends several training programs such as New Hire orientation, Safety Compliance, Technical, and Customer Service training
- Actively seeks to expand his/her knowledge and skills through different learning opportunities, which may include soliciting coaching from Supervisor.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00483 - Columbus Interchange
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...