Standard Job Description:
Writes, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment. Includes writing such technical documentation as operational specifications, bulletins, articles, and marketing publications. Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new products and services or in making improvements, observing performance of experiments and methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and notes, trade and engineering journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
Specific Job Description:
The Technical Writer – Mid Level shall prepare and/or maintain documentation pertaining to all aspects of software and systems engineering, systems operations, testing, and user documentation. They shall translate business specifications into user documentation; plan, write, and maintain systems and user support documentation efforts; plan, write, and maintain policy document frameworks; and consolidate technical input and analyses and create a logical, understandable report. The Technical Writer– Mid Level singularly create documents based on pertinent technical drawings, technical information from pamphlets, consultations with the technical personnel, and other available sources. Additionally, they may be required to work with Web Application developers to create website content. This position may require leading and mentoring junior technical writers, as well as planning and estimating work assignments.
1. Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in producing and/or editing technical documents for all aspects of software and systems engineering and systems operations.
2. Four (4) years demonstrated experience producing technical documentation and document templates utilizing various word processing tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
3. Four (4) years demonstrated experience working with document standards for such technical documents as a CONOP and Software Requirements Specification.
4. Four (4) years demonstrated experience collaborating with web developers to accomplish web publishing.
5. Four (4) years demonstrated experience with document editing, document structure and logic flow, and writing for non-technical audiences;
6. Four (4) years demonstrated experience interpreting engineering and maintenance drawings and operational procedures.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
The SI Organization, Inc. - 9 months ago