Position: Technical Writer, Information Development (SaaS/Cloud)
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: TWIDI
Accelrys (NASDAQ: ACCL): Accelrys Inc., a global enterprise software company uniquely offers the industry’s only scientific informatics system that captures and enables more agile end-to-end scientific workflows, analytics and IP management to achieve better insights and outcomes from R&D. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology and materials science companies as well as top universities worldwide.
Accelrys, Inc. is looking for a senior technical documentation writer to support our Information Development team in documenting software platform technology that supports present and future development infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a good grasp of industry standard development technologies and tools, understanding of the development platform from a customer perspective and be able to work across multiple development teams in a collaborative environment to contribute to platform product integration.
Information Developers at Accelrys are responsible for researching, writing, editing, and maintaining product documentation. They collaborate with individuals in Product Management, Product Development, and Quality Assurance to gain a detailed understanding of product requirements and functionality. The successful candidate is expected to be an active contributor to the teams involved in the development projects. We have two positions available: 1. Technology writer with SaaS and Cloud knowledge and 2. An End User writer with usability expertise.
- Meet deadlines and produce high-quality documents while adhering to the Agile process and documentation style guides.
- Collaborate with Developers to help design, document, provide examples and be an advocate for the customer-developer using our platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an Agile product development environment to design and write product technology guides and Help content.
- Improve the depth and quality of the platform documentation set based on feedback from internal and external customers.
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development from planning through product rollout.
- A Computer Science degree, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years producing technical documents in a highly technical environment.
- Self-starter with a track record of being able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent global English skills in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business and technology concepts and build product expertise.
- Experienced supporting product deliverables, including installation, administration, user and reference guides as well as illustrative user examples.
- Strong attention to detail as demonstrated through writing samples.
- Proving history of taking initiative; being a change driver.
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively and effectively with globally distributed teams.
At Accelrys, we believe better solutions and decisions are born of diversity and are proudly an EEO/AA employer.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Expertise with industry standard tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, and Acrobat Professional, with knowledge of Madcap Flare being strongly desired.
- Knowledge of Heuristic evaluations, Usability testing, and User Experience (UX) Design and implementation.
- Experience with tools for source control, build management, and defect tracking, such as Perforce, Bamboo and/or Jira.
Please refer to the following link in order to apply: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/ACC1007/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan or
Monster - 13 months ago