Position: Technical Writer, Information Development (Biosciences)
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: TWIDB
Accelrys (NASDAQ: ACCL): Accelrys Inc., a global enterprise software company uniquely offers the industry’s only scientific informatics system that captures and enables more agile end-to-end scientific workflows, analytics and IP management to achieve better insights and outcomes from R&D. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology and materials science companies as well as top universities worldwide.
Accelrys, Inc. is looking for a technical writer to support our Information Development team in documenting scientific innovation software for Bioscience solutions that supports present and future development infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a good grasp of bioscience algorithms and terminology, industry standard development technologies and tools, understanding of the development platform from a customer perspective and be able to work across multiple development teams in a collaborative environment to contribute to platform product integration.
Information Developers at Accelrys are responsible for researching, writing, editing, and maintaining product documentation. They collaborate with individuals in Product Management, Product Development, and Quality Assurance to gain a detailed understanding of product requirements and functionality. The successful candidate is expected to be an active contributor to the teams involved in the development projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an Agile product development environment to design and write product guides and Help content.
- Improve the depth and quality of the product documentation set based on feedback from internal and external customers.
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development from planning through product rollout.
- Meet deadlines and produce high-quality documents while adhering to the Agile process and documentation style guides.
- A degree in biology, computer science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with a track record of being able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent global English skills in written and verbal communication.
- Some scientific writing experienced with illustrations and examples.
- Proving history of taking initiative; being a change driver
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively and effectively with globally distributed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and build product expertise.
We offer an excellent benefits package, 401K match, weekly happy hours, private gym and other perks.
- Exposure with industry standard tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Madcap Flare and Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledge of Heuristic evaluations, Usability testing, and User Experience (UX) Design and implementation being a plus.
- Participation in extracurricular writing activities.
At Accelrys, we believe better solutions and decisions are born of diversity and are proudly an EEO/AA employer.
Please refer to the following link in order to apply: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/ACC1007/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan or